Prefix, Brands & Microchipping
The fee for registering a Prefix and Brand is $75.00 the form below is required to be completed and returned to the Office.
If you are intending on registering any progeny that you have bred you are required to have a prefix and brand registered with the Welsh Pony & Cob Society of Australia Inc.
- You will need to be a FULL financial member to apply for a prefix and Brand.
- Please submit the three (3) options with the first option being your preferred.
- You may view the web site under member enquiry to see if the Prefix or Brand may be in use by another member or alternatively contact the office for further assistance.
- The prefix and brand application is required to be presented before Committee of Management for approval.
- Once approved the office will send you a letter of confirmation with a clear drawing and description of the brand.
- Your membership information will be updated with this information and you will now be able to register ponies under your prefix and brand your ponies with the approved brand.
PLEASE NOTE IT IS ADVISED THAT YOU CHECK WITH YOUR DEPARTMENT OF PRIMARY INDUSTRY ON YOUR STATES REGULATIONS REGARDING PREFIX AND BRAND REGISTRATIONS FOR LIVESTOCK PRIOR TO COMPLETING AN APPLICATION WITH THE WPCS.
BRANDING & MICROCHIPPING
(as per the regulations for entry of stock to the WPCS )
A. Animals born in Australia before 1st August 2013 are required by the Society to be branded within one year of the date of foaling.
B. Animals must be branded on the near shoulder with the breeder’s registered brand and branded on the off
shoulder with the breeding number over the last number of the season of foaling, or as State Laws require.
C. Animals born in Australia before the 1st August 2013 that are sold before attaining the age of one year must be branded before transfer of ownership can be affected by the Society.
D. Animals born in Australia from the 1st of August 2013 must be permanently identified as per Reg 8B or may be microchipped and a copy of the microchip barcode sticker forwarded to the office for recording on the individual pony’s file. Breeders may choose to identify their animals using both methods.
E. Part Welsh animals being registered under Rule 26F are not required to be branded if the pony has been microchipped in accordance with the registering Breed Society’s Regulations and Regulations, the initials of the breed Society will be shown on the registration certificate.
F. Animals Imported into Australia after 1st August 2013 must be microchipped and this number recorded with the WPCS of A at the time of registration.